Buddhi has over 23 years of experience working in the Private Sector and Third Sector and is currently working as the Senior Project Officer for a global environmental consulting and auditing firm. He has held Board level/senior management positions and has worked for US, Hong-Kong and Sri Lanka based companies before moving into London.
Who is Buddhi ?
Buddhi has a track record as a community activist for over 30 years, both at home and overseas. The Heathfield Traders Association (Heathfield Chamber of Commerce) was founded by Buddhi to help local business communities in Twickenham (Heathfield-Whitton), a project supported by local MP Dr. Tania Mathias, local Conservative Councillors, and Richmond Council. Buddhi was the Founding Secretary and rolled out a number of programmes to promote local businesses
He was a school governor for four years and a trustee of the Whitton Community Association and EMAG. He worked as a volunteer teacher at LBV Sunday School for five years.
He is connected to many local social media pages and groups, which allows him to connect with local residents and to see issues and discussions that concern the local community.
Campaigns Buddhi supports:
- Make Thames Street Safer and Preserve Our Heritage
- Campaign to bring Spelthorne into TfL zoning
- Road Safety Outside Sunbury Schools
- Tree planting in Lower Sunbury and Halliford creates a greener environment
- Support small businesses in Sunbury and Halliford
- Safer Neighbourhood
Buddhi has been a Conservative campaigner since 2010. He joined the Twickenham Conservatives and was elected as the Deputy Chair-Political in the Heathfield Branch and led the branch social media platforms.
Buddhi first stood at Borough Council election in 2019 from Sunbury West and Halliford.
He is currently the Leader of Spelthorne Conservative Policy Forum, a co-opted officer of Spelthorne Conservative Association and Deputy Chair (Political) of Sunbury & Halliford Conservatives Branch.
- Buddhi has over 23 years of experience working in the Private Sector and Third Sector and is currently working as the Senior Project Officer at BluWin. He has held Board level/senior management positions and has worked for US, Hong-Kong and Sri Lanka based companies before moving into London.
- He has helped many start-ups both in the UK and overseas. He is a fellow and a member of several learned societies including Chartered Institute of Marketing, Chartered Management Institute Member of Political Studies Association.
Buddhi married to Anoma (an Accountant by profession) and together we have three boys. Both his older sons, Janindu and Pasindu, attend Tiffin School, a grammar school for boys and his younger son Hasindu attends to Springfield Primary School.
Copyright © 2021 Buddhi Weerasinghe campaigner . All rights reserved.